Saturday, May 15, 2010

Before and after

This is where it all started. The country decor in the kitchen was changed to a beachy white.
The cupboards were previously painted with milk paint, in mustard. The curtains were burgundy with the willow tree, and sheep on them.
Once I painted the cupboards with white, I just kept going....curtains were changed to white, dishes...white, towels....white, etc.

The beams went from black to white.

We kept the counter tops and sink black. Since the micro-wave and dishwasher were new, they stayed. I painted the backsplash white, and was happy to see how bright it looked. The trim was also dark, so that was changed to white.
After re-doing the kitchen, I just kept going....into the hall, dining room, living room, and bedrooms.
I'm still working on furniture in all of the rooms. I doubt I'll ever be finished painting things white...and that's okay...because it keeps me busy, and gives me an excuse to keep looking for more pieces to paint.




2 comments:

  1. Still can not believe the huge difference the white made in the house, Debbie! Don'tcha just love it?! :)

    ReplyDelete