Tuesday, May 18, 2010


It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the beauty wood...how does that song go? Ahhh, Mr. Rogers. What a sweet man...a little dorky, but he seemed very nice. Maybe even a little scary at times. I wish I could wake up with such a great attitude. I'm NOT a morning person. It takes me awhile to even be able to talk, and this guy could do all different voices! Remember the cat? Meow, meow kitty? oooooh, talk about scary!
anyway...I just wanted to say good morning before going into work.

I was putting some glasses away last night, and had them sitting on the table first. I started arranging things, and ended up with a tablescape...never took pictures of one before..so this will be a first.



Blondie did one a week or so ago, and I really liked the way she put together a simple, yet elegant setting. She mixed roses with a burlap runner, and it turned out beautiful!


When I first got these dishes, I was planning on saving them for summer. I liked them so much, we ate off from sea shell plates almost all winter! This spring I found four little glasses that match the dishes. Too bad there weren't more glasses, but four works for me.
Anyway...after I set up the table, I got out my new camera and started taking pictures...I'm sure the neighbors would have thought I was nuts to be taking pics of my table ware...but then, I take pictures of really silly stuff! like the chandelier!!
So, I hope you like my mixture of white and blue dishes. They match the mix of white and blue chairs.
It's time to get ready for work.
I hope you all enjoy your day. It looks to be sunny and warm here at the lakehouse.
Won't you be my neighbor....











7 comments:

  1. Your table looks awesome!! I love your dishes. Did you get them from Pottery Barn? They had shell dishes about 2 years ago...

    Promise me you will join Tablescape Thursday. This is so inspiring and you will meet so many people. ;-D

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! I love the combination of blue and white. It is so pretty. I would be so comfortable at a table like this. Congratulations on your first tablescape. I am just a beginner at Tablescape Thursday too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first tablescape. It is lovely-so calming and serene. Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the water theme! Don't worry about the neighbors and your camera, as long as you're not taking pictures of them - it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely table! I have been enjoying myself poking around your blog! Love you lakehouse, so sweet..like Blondie! :)
    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful first Tablescape Thursday...you will become addicted like the rest of us with dishease! I love the aqua dishes with all the crystal. Cute pedestal centerpiece. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in here hopping around! I would love to be your neighbor...and I love your table and dishes. I would use them all year long!
    Well, back to snooping- I'm having a wonderful time in here!
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete