Monday, May 10, 2010

Spring table

Hello everyone~~~ I was excited to get home today and put my new screened stand on the table. I found it in one of the catalogs at work, and just loved it!!! The little birds go well with it for a "spring" table setting. I love the gray patina look to it.
As you can see, I have most of the dining room chairs painted. I wanted something for the table that would fit with the whites and blues. This cute piece looks right at home.

The more chairs that got painted, the more the room came together. I absolutely love the brightness of the room now! I asked my hubby to take down the chandelier, and paint it white. I was so surprised when he didn't throw a fit about it...he just said...okay, I'll do it. OH MY!!! I could hardly stop myself from jumping up and down right there in front of him. Instead, I just gave him a little smile, and said...thank you. HA...that was easier than I thought, since he frowned at the idea of the chairs being painted. He was a doll tho...he actually mixed the blue paint for me at Home Depot. Having him work there is sooooooooooo cool!!!


Just two more chairs to go, and that project will be finished.
The next thing to paint is the bakers table....hmmmmmm...white, or blue?
Anyway....I finally have the table decorated for "spring". It's a fresh, new look for this here lakehouse.
Enjoy your evening.
Debbie




4 comments:

  1. I love your new mesh topper. Do you remember the catalog...I have been looking for a wire cloche FOREVER!! I love your table runner, too, a nice mix of all the fabrics I love. You did a great job with the chairs and I would be doing the happy dance if my husband agreed to paint something for me!! ;-D

    I was so surprised to read your profile and see all of the things we have in common! Living on a lake is so much fun and I will love to see some of your summer pictures on the water. It's a lot of work to get ready for the summer, isn't it? But I wouldn't have my life any other way! Thanks for stopping by! Your blog is great!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping by Blondie!
    The catalog is a wholesale book I use at the pharmacy to order the merchandise for our gift section. My job is very interesting. I get to work behind the pharmacy counter, plus order things for the store. The catalog is from "Midwest". I'm sure you could go online and check it out.
    I do love living on the water!
    Thank you for the encouragement.
    xxxooo
    Debbie.

    ReplyDelete