Saturday, April 9, 2011

A day in the Magic Kingdom

I've never been to Disney World.
I don't care about the rides anymore, but always wanted to see the castle, a night parade, and the fireworks.
My oldest daughter, Kelly, and her family blessed us with a wonderful day in the Magic Kingdom.
 My youngest grandson Anson(aka Bubba) LOVES trains. He carried Thomas the Train around the kingdom the entire day.  This is my son in law Dan, with Kayla, and Anson on the train ride in the park.

 As soon as we got off the train, it was time to collect some autographs. The kids LOVE Toy Story...so when they saw this character, we "had" to get in line to meet her.

 I got to see the castle, and was very impressed. Especially when the night parade started, and the fireworks were lighting up the sky. Ethan, my oldest grandson, was such a clown the whole day. He kept hubby and I laughing until bedtime.

Notice the highest tower? The very highest tower?! Just as it got dark, and the fireworks started, Tinkerbell flew down from the HIGHEST tower, over the crowd, and across the park!!!! She, of course, was strapped in to a harness, but still!!!!! I'd be wearing a "depends" as I was being pushed off the tower over the crowd! I hope Tink gets paid well for such a dangerous job! Her costume was full of little green lights, and her wings were lit up as well. At first I thought it was a dummy...but NO, it was a real person!!!! I hope she was packing a parachute, just in case!!! I can't even cross a foot bridge without sweating...this girl was being shoved out of a tower...the HIGHEST tower!!!
Needless to say...that will be my most powerful memory of Disney World...makes my hands sweat just thinking about it.
Anyway...it was a wonderful day. The weather was great, and so was the time spent with family. I was so blessed.
More posts to come of our vacation...I bet you can't wait...haha.
Toodles......

No comments:

Post a Comment