Saturday, September 1, 2012

It's good to be back!

The past two weeks have been awful!!!
My computer was in the shop getting an over-haul.
It's been lonely here at the Lakehouse.

I did get to the market yesterday, and had to push, and shove my way down each and every aisle.
We live in a resort town.
Since this is the last summer holiday...people came from EVERYWHERE to enjoy the sun, and water.

I should have shopped earlier in the week, but I have been working the later shift at the pharmacy this week.
The bright spot in my shopping trip was the floral aisle.
They always have "spent" roses in a little section of the cooler. I bring them home, clean off the outside petals, give them a fresh cut, and vwala....beautiful!!
The centers on these are still solid, so they will last for a few more days.

While I was out, and about last week,I brought home my tiered basket from my booth.

It works well for displaying sachets, and soaps at the store.
I also love using it here at home for linens, and lace.

It's getting close to the time of year that I'll be using tea lites in the evenings.
I thought the top basket would be a perfect spot for them this season.
Some lace is in the middle basket, and white shells from Sanibel Island are resting in the bottom basket.

Hmmmmm....now how did that piece of lace get there?
Must be like those stray socks that seem to escape from the dryer.
Have a great holiday weekend everyone!
Soooo glad to be back online.
xxoo

17 comments:

  1. Welcome back Debbie! I think using the tiered basket for your tealights is a wonderful idea:) Your roses are gorgeous! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie, And here I was thinking that you and your husband were just out riding the motorcycle, looking cool.:):) So glad you are back. I love how you fixed the roses. I'll have to try that deal. Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I wondered where the heck you were. Thought maybe you and the hubster had joined Hell's Angels and were hitting the back roads of America. I'm glad you are back and it is nice to see all your whites and your beautiful roses- Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see you back!! Love the Roses!!

    Maybe that piece of lace got "there" - by my hubby. He's always putting stuff where it doesn't belong and then says he never touched it. LOL!!!

    Jan ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely fotos, thanks for sharing them with us. Your home looks so dreamy and peaceful. Fall is just around the corner and thus a new season for decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you were having withdrawl symptoms with no computer, Debbie! I know I sure would! Love the roses. And things quiet down here after Labor Day too. I always look forward to that! Love your tiered basket, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How weird is THAT that our computers were down at the same stinkin' time, Debbie! lolol! Did you find yourself bored and grumpy and whiney, too? ha! What did we do with ourselves every evening before blogging anyway?? :) Anyway, glad that everything is ok now - and LOVE your sweet pink roses! Oh...and I'm glad that you didn't join Hell's Angels. :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back...we missed you.
    Pretty roses.
    Rainy weekend here...getting the rain from Issac. Flood watches and warnings are starting to be issued.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are back and have a fun weekend! Love the lace, must have a mind of its own!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures and the pink roses are lovely. Have a nice day.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your tiered basket:)and your pink roses are absolutely beautiful!
    Have a great week, Francine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy pink roses! I loooove pink roses. Your tiered basket is so cute. What fun to have a shop to be able to trade things back and forth from. Sometime I will have to come down and see it.

    I am trying to get into some craft shows last minute in late Oct. - Dec. Are there any good ones near you? It would be a great excuse to see you (not that I need an excuse)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's really clever with the roses, i never thought to check for spent blooms... thanks for the tip. Your 3 tiered basket is so pretty and functional, love all the lace... even the random piece falling out of the urn!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is always such a pleasure to visit here Debbie! I love your beautiful home and all of the pretty touches that give it that romantic feel (which is my favorite as well).
    Don't fresh flowers just put you in the best mood? I know I couldn't live with out them around the house.
    I have a mad crush on your 3 tiered stand : )
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  15. mmm that tiered basket thingy is real nice ! and I love fresh flowers especially pink or white ! have a nice weekend ! Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now those are perfectly beautiful roses! And the tiered stand is beautiful with your collections...I also love that little urn and I see a pretty pillow with white pom pom fringe that looks like my taste too!

    ReplyDelete