Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What's up with these colors????

If you read my last post, you know how I love RA Simply Shabby Chic bedding.
I just happened to stop at a Tarjay store today, armed with my charge card.
I found myself in the bedding department.....imagine that.

I'm always looking at the romantic quilts by RA.
They are usually the white ones, or pinks with large roses on them.
For some reason, this blue quilt, with the small flowers, caught my eye right away.
It's not my usual style at all!!!

They had it paired with the RA tiny rose bud sheets....which I already had.
I don't get myself.
Why am I suddenly turning to the pastels?
I've always decorated with white....ALL white!!!!
Is this just a passing phase?
Whatever it is, I really like this quilt.
I can always pull the white one out whenever I get bored with the colors....right?

Even the furniture is changing!
I found this sweet table recently.
It's a very pale green. Just enough to show up against the white walls.
I guess we will see how far this goes......
Thank you for stopping by.

16 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! You've been bitten by the shabby chic bug, girlie! lolol I bought that exact same set at Target this month for the guest room. It took me a little while to get used to seeing a "busier" pattern in there since I was used to seeing white and pastels on the bed...but I'm loving the whimsical look of it now. :) It reminds me of something you'd see in a prairie farmhouse. Love it!!!! ♥

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way that bed looks. I need to check out that aisle the next time I'm at Target.

    I LOVE the pastels!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Color is a way to make life more vibrant and warmer feeling. It bespeaks hospitality. I love your choice and it is prairie farmhouse perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! The bedroom does have a warmer feel to it with some color added.
      I appreciate that you left a comment with your visit to our cottage here at the lake.
      Have a happy day!
      xo

      Delete
  4. Find me a bird house like that one! I am still kicking myself for not buying the one we saw at the antique mall with the stand :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa...you sent your comment twice..so I deleted the second one...lol.
      xo

      Delete
  6. Okay, I'm going to have to stop at 'Tarjay' one of these days! You find the best things!!! I love the pop of color. As much as I'm loving whites now (thanks to you and a few other bloggers) and I've been adding more and more shabby white into my decorating, I still have to have some color thrown in though. Love that pale green birdcage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok...I'm coming for the weekend...looks so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! I agree with Laurie...it does remind me of something you'd see in a prairie farmhouse.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, everyone needs to add a little color into their lives! what ever you do is always so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, I love the sheets. Your new table has just a hint of color..so sweet. You know if those pastels do not work out for you...you can always paint things white again. I love decorating with paint.xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't stop smiling when I read this post Debbie. I saw that very same comforter on Monday and said to it 'you will be mine someday'! I love that print. I also loved your beautiful linen cupboard full of beauty in your last post too.
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't we all go through decorating phases? I know I do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it, Debbie. It is still beautifully romantic and I think THAT is the look you are after-whether it is all white or not. It's lovely- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your new beddings ! Isn't it natural to want to change ? for a while I wanted only pink in my home, after I painted into vintage cream and now I want pure white and shadow pink... that's life.
    I love your home Debbie

    xoxo from PARIS

    ReplyDelete