Friday, May 29, 2015

After the Rain.

It truly amazes me how quickly the gardens here go from green, to full of blooms in just a matter of a few days of rain, then some sunshine and warm temperatures.
I haven't been able to get all of  the weeding finished in all of the gardens yet, because of the rain!
The Columbines are gorgeous this year!
There are more around the playhouse.
They are such a delicate little flower, and I love the soft colors.

These are always the first of the Iris to bloom.
Their nutmeg scent fills the air
The larger, bi-color varieties will be opening soon.

These larger Iris are the next to open.
The Catmint around the mailbox attracts bees. That's okay, because it keeps them away while I'm weeding the rest of the garden.

I took these photos after it rained today.
I couldn't believe how many flowers opened after all the soaking rain we've had!

We moved the Honeysuckle last year, and I was worried it wouldn't establish in it's new location....but here it is....and it's starting to bloom!!!
I'm so happy, and I'm sure the Hummingbirds will be too!

This yellow Iris just opened this afternoon.
It seems like I just did a post about waiting for the flowers to bloom here at the lakehouse. and suddenly it's all coming along so quickly!
Honestly, I didn't realize all the Iris had bloomed on the side of the house until just today.
If I don't pay attention, I'm going to miss the things I've been waiting to see, and experience in life.
I get so wrapped up in trying to accomplish so many things, I miss a lot of the most important things that really matter. Does that make any sense?

Wouldn't it be nice to sit, and watch a flower open?
Debbie
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
If you would like to visit Seashells and Lavender...click on the photo under the title Seashells and Lavender on my sidebar...it will take you directly to my other blog. xo

17 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful!! Hope you have a great weekend.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to take a walk around every day to see what new is blooming. The weeds are always going to be there it seems no matter how hard we try. Our iris plants are finished for now. That yellow one you have is gorgeous. I only have purple here. A good rain does make a difference. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so pretty and fresh. I love the scent of honeysuckle.

    Enjoy your weekend my friend. I'm heading off to Sanibel Island in the morning. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are so beautiful...I want to plant catmint around my roses.I love the yellow iris,mine are only purple.I think you need to take a little time out and if it´s only for a cup of coffee and enjoy the beauty of your garden.Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. All so completely gorgeous! Enjoy being out... we are supposed to finally get some 60 degree weather in the next few days. Can't wait!
    Hugs,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie,
    I enjoyed my cyber stroll looking at your beautiful flower gardens. Another big benefit for me after a good day long rain is that it clears the air of pollen. So pretty, thanks.
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much beauty you have happening here! I love flowers in masses the way you have them growing. What a luxury a soaking rain is for us here. Like you, I am also impressed wirh how fast it all happens when it is ready. You have shown everything just beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful these flowers are. We have 2 rose bushes on the side of our house that we try to keep an eye on. Hubby is good about cutting the buds for me. Happy weekend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers and your blooms are fantastic. I would like to have a cup of tea in your fairy garden!
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are having the same rain here, Debbie, we really needed it! Your flowers are just gorgeous. I agree, it would be so fun to sit and watch a blossom unfurl:) I have lots of irises too, and columbine, love them both. I don't have catmint, but yours is so pretty! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie- Finally! Spring has arrived here, too. Your gardens have gone from bare to beautiful in short order. Everything looks lush and gorgeous. I love, love, love this time of year and I know you do, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Debbie
    Your flowers are all so beautiful! we have columbine here also and they are blooming right now. our Iris is not blooming yet. I really enjoy seeing all your flowers and gardens. Enjoy this beautiful day Debbie
    deezie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooooo pretty Debbie. What a gorgeous cottage garden.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Debbie, I just saw this post...thought I should go look at my irises on the west side of the house...sure enough they were starting to bloom. Funny what you said, about paying attention or missing things. Thank you. I love all your pretty flowers. Blessings, Love you, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  15. How I envy you talented ladies with green thumbs!
    Your garden is beautiful and it would be such a treat to visit with you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohh, I so enjoyed the beautiful sights and smells of your garden, and I agree - wouldn't it be wonderful to have the time to sit and watch the flower slowly open and bloom! My iris is about to bloom, and my peony too... so exciting when the flowers are popping their beautiful heads up everywhere!!! Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are definitely blessed with a green thumb Debbie! Your garden is amazing!!! I bet it smells lovely out there too. It would be fascinating to be able to actually watch a flower bloom.

    ReplyDelete