Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Anitque/Flea Market Sunday.

First of all....THANK YOU all for your prayers for my daughter and her family.
We still haven't heard anything, but Melissa told me that she and Kevin have been experiencing "peace" about the entire situation.
I SOOOOO  appreciate everyone one of you for keeping us in your prayers.
Well...we did it!
Laurie, Pam and I did the Antique/Flea Market on Sunday.
One of the tires blew on the horse trailer that was packed with "stuff" for the show.

That caused a little delay..but everything worked out, and we were on our way to Allegan.

Mr. Lakehouse let me use his truck, and it was FULL of market items.
 Laurie and I floofed, and poofed, and floofed some more! It took a little while, but was alot of fun.







The day of the show, Pam and I sat in the corner and goofed off. We let Vanna(Laurie) take care of sales.
It was a fun day....but....it will definitely be my last show!
I used to do shows all the time(years ago), and really do not want to sit under a canopy on a beautiful weekend, when I could be out on the lake, soaking up the sunshine.
Having my little "booth" up here at the lake is more my "speed".  I can do things at my leisure, and work as little or as much as I choose on my booth, and the items I sell.
I did have a "fun" day, and am glad I got to spend time with Laurie, and Pam(who is a little crazy).
I hope you had a nice weekend.....

9 comments:

  1. You Gals look Adorable ~ Your booth looks Wonderful.... I wish I could have made it out there, but Daughter had other commitments, so she could drive me~ I am happy to hear that Melissa & Kevin are at Peace, God Is Good, You All will remain in My Prayers....
    xox
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    I've been thinking of you, and wondering how things were going. Still keeping your daughter in my prayers! Glad to hear that the show went well! Your displays were stunning, and oh so dreamy! Wish I could have shopped there! Shows are alot of work, so I know what you mean about your booth being more your speed! That's how I feel about my Etsy shop!! Love the photo of you all! Now take a well deserved break:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you had fun...and Vanna did a good job selling for you. I used to do shows for years too and kind of burned out on it. I do think I need an outlet here to sell my things though if I can ever get at them.

    I missed the post about your daughter/family and will go back to find it now. You know I will be praying for them and all of you! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. In spite of the flat tire, it sounds like all went well. I don't know if I could do this, I get stressed doing a garage sale!! All of you look wonderful in the picture!!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. well at least you were not bored! I think everything you have been through in the last year you know how to enjoy time, with family and the beauty of taking it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had such a great time doing the market with you, sis! What fun!!!! Despite the fact that you and Pammy were like two naughty, giggly little girls in the corner of the booth. Sheeesh! I thought I only had Diana to worry about.... lolol! But I do want to thank you for your help, guidance, and inspiration in setting up our booth! You are amazing!!!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie,
    Your booth looks wonderful!! So many pretty things!! My sister and I are known to get giggly in the corner of my booth too. We actually have been very silly here lately, while trying to get the vintage style jewelry made. Sometimes there is more laughing than creating!!
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, such pretty, pretty things! Love your booth! Prayers still headed to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a good day, Debbie! Lovely things...wish I'd been there...

    Prayers still a'comin'...

    ReplyDelete