Sunday, August 7, 2011

Vintage pillows.

Helloooooooo........
After my last post about the dry spell, I decided to get off my bum, and do something creative.
There is a possibility that my sweet sis, Laurie, from Heaven's Walk, and I will be doing the Antique/Flea market at the end of the month.
With all of the vintage linens, lace, and buttons I have here at the lakehouse, I decided to put together some pillows.
This one took a lot of time, because of the hand sewing...but I love how it turned out.
 I collect linen dinner napkins. They make the nicest pillows. With just a few shell buttons, you can get a pretty pillow put together in no time.

 Don't you just love the design?! Simple, yet beautiful!

 For this next pillow, I cut apart a vintage piano runner. The large piece of cotton lace is gorgeous! I added two more narrow pieces of trim, and a few buttons....and ended up with this.

 The scarf was linen, so it has that wonderful aged look.

 Using vintage table clothes is one of my favorite ways to make pillows. They are colorful, and so cute! I have another one cut out of the same cloth....and will add a narrow piece of lace trim down the center of the ruffle.

 The next piece reminds me of the milky way. I just love old white buttons!! If you have any you would like to sell, I would definitely be interested in buying them.


So there you have it. Just a few of the pillows I'm working on.
I would like to have at least a dozen put together for the market.
If we end up not renting space, I'll just put these in my booth!
Have a great week everyone!!!

19 comments:

  1. These are so pretty. Love the textures and different fabrics. Hope you have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, those are just beautiful ! I love the combination of the buttons and lace - stunning !

    I'm having a STINKY Give Away on Lavender Hill... I'd love it if you'd pop over !

    gena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,
    I love your pillows. Any pillow made with vintage lace and vintage buttons is a winner in my book.

    Very pretty.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie- Those are beautiful. My favorite is probably the Milky Way because it is so whimiscal...but they are all gorgeous...especially the one with all that wide, old lace. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Love the tablecloth pillows, old tablecloths are so pretty:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pillows are just gorgeous, Debbie! I also adore vintage linens and old buttons, they have so much history, I think! I just know your pillows will be a huge hit at the show, or your shop, wherever they end up! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sew SWEET! Love your pillows my friend. You are so creative... LOVE THE WHITE!

    Now...about your comment about being BOLD about Christ on my blog...

    Be sure not everyone feels that way. I've received many an email with the opposite opinion...

    I just hope the message comes across that I would NOT be here today with Jesus in my life...

    Hope you are doing better sweet friend. You remain on my prayer list. You and Miss CeeKay~

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever! I'm a fan of old linen napkins too...also new ones...they all make good pillow fronts and backs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Debbie...Love these pillows!! I love old linens and old buttons...and together they make beautiful pillows!!
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now you are making me look bad! Geez, lady, you do good work! Now get off of that bum more often and you can completely sell out at that show!
    Hope you are feeling well and the heat isn't so bad there.
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie these are so gorgeous! You need an etsy shop girl! big hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone of them is gorgeous Deb! I know they will all sell for you in the booth or fair! Love the buttons on them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pillows you made! Great combination of textures. I agree with Paula - you should open an etsy shop! I would definitely buy them from you! I have a wee bit of a pillow addiction - especially when it comes to whites and lace.

    I hope you have a fabulous week!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello dear! I love these, they are beautiful. That is so great that you two might get a booth!! I know that she has all kinds of loveliness as well and your booth would be a beautiful booth!! I would shop there. ;)
    I hope you had a great weekend and I am looking forward to see you again this month!!
    Hugs!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet! Are you going to open up an Etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, Debbie! Those are just BEAUTIFUL!!!!! They are going to look wonderful in our booth! :) You'll be sold out in no time! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Debbie,
    Love your pillows you are creating!!! They are beautiful!!!
    Hope your week is wonderful!!!
    Suzann ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pillows are so pretty! I especially love the linens and buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are all so pretty Debbie! I love the addition of the buttons. I have been looking at estate sales for a jar of old buttons but so far nothing. My mom had a ton and she can't remember what she did with them! I was crushed. The table cloth one is so cute too. Love the ruffle.

    ReplyDelete