Wednesday, December 20, 2017

My computer is fixed!!!! It's Christmas!!

                                                                               Hello.
It's been forever, it seems, since I've had a computer!  This thing has been in the computer repair shop for almost a month!! Ugh....I trust everyone has been busy with Christmas just a few days away.

           I have to pick up another kayak, and two gift certificates to buy, and my shopping will be finished!! There are presents to wrap yet....then food to buy....but that is on a different list.

      It feels cozy here at our lakehouse this holiday season. Lots of candles this year. The Christmas music is constantly playing, and the faux fireplaces are glowing, as well.

        I am enjoying insta-gram. There is a lot of inspiration there, and new people everyday!! I have been surprised by the number of people that are from Michigan on IG, and the shops and markets available to me....some that are within an hours drive from here!!

      I do miss blogging, however. I was happy to re-connect this Fall, and shortly after, this computer decided to take a huge dump!!!! Argh.......

        My teacher's aide position at school has been interesting. I enjoy it, most of the time. Some days, I wonder what in the world I was thinking about when I took the job!!  lol

        I found a shabby chic table for the dining room a couple of weeks ago at the most wonderful shop in Howell....the town where two of my daughter's live. It's called Like Mother, Like Daughter. They have unique pieces....LOTS of architectural pieces from churches, and old Victorian buildings. Huge mantles, and inserts. Pillars, cupboards, and gorgeous chandeliers. The color of the table I purchased is an amazing greenish-blue-ish-aqua-ish and white. It was used at the Emmy's!!!! The carvings on the pedestal and legs, and around the bottom rim of the table are truly gorgeous~.~.~.The top isn't round, but scalloped. Soooo unique.....the table and color....one of a kind.

       The bottle brush trees in the urns, and the pink votive cups(small ones on the left) were also purchased at Like Mother, Like Daughter. The Mister helped pay for the table as my Christmas gift. He is putting a finish on the top tonight to protect it from spills. Love, love, lovin' it!
Enjoy the rest of this week. Don't get over-stressed. Light some candles, and put on some Christmas music. Pour yourself a glass of wine, put your feet up, lay your head back, close your eyes, and imagine a babe laying in a manger...wrapped in swaddling clothes......the newborn King.
Rejoice, and be Glad.
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Love your new table. Oh how I know Howell so well. Such a cute town. My grandmother use to live there so I remember how cute that down town was. Glad you have cute shops to visit.
    Your house looks so serene and beautiful for Christmas. I did not know you took a new job as a teacher aide. Did you quit your job at the pharmacy? Have a great rest of the week and a wonderful Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks beautiful and calm for Christmas. So much to take in. Merry CHristmas, Debbie. It must be wonderful to have your computer back. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home does look so festive and cozy. Merry Christmas to You and Your Family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home looks fairy for Christmas. I fell in love with all of your gorgeous decors. Happy Christmas to you and your family
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the lights and candles look so warm and inviting there in your house. Things are winding down here and finally I think it is time to relax and listen to the sounds of the season. Merry Christmas to you and yours !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your place is gorgeous as usual. Wishing you a Merry Christmas! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie,
    Oh wow, your home looks just gorgeous all decked out for Christmas! I am loving all of the candles, mercury glass (which I can never get enough of!!) and bottle brush trees. Your new table is so pretty, I love the scalloped top. I'll have to check out that shop in Howell. We love going there to Tomato Brothers. Glad you got your computer fixed!!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A most lovely post, Debbie. Your cottage looks warm and cozy for the Christmas season.I hope your entire season is blessed to the rafters! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Debbie
    Oh your home is just breathtaking* so cozy* love your table, love all of your Christmas decor* I love how you ended the post* Have the best Christmas ever Debbie
    deezie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great post filled with the most gorgeous pictures of your home, Debbie. It looks especially cozy with all of the candlelight and sparkle. Your new table is wonderful-I love it! It really is great to get into small towns and find the best shops. I probably don't need another thing, but I would much rather have something genuine than a reproduction.

    So glad to see you blogging again. I love IG, its fun and a great way to connect quickly. A lot of bloggers have given up blogging for IG. That's fine, but its like trading a letter for a text, for me, anyway.

    Sending love and wishes for a very blessed Christmas. Joy to you and yours!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete