Friday, March 22, 2019

Easter.....

Let's talk.
What are you doing with your spare time?
What do you have that can be used?
What are your passions?
What talents do you have?

What would you do if you had 30 days to do whatever you wanted?
What could you share?
Use what you have.
What do you have that could benefit someone else?
Have you answered any of these questions?


Easter is a time of rebirth, and renewal.
A time of commitment....and change.
We make a decision.
A decision to change.
1John 1:9 says If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
We accept the fact that Jesus died as the sacrificial lamb, on the cross, for our sins. We ask Him to reside in our hearts as our Lord and Savior.
We live as Christ lived....with a servants heart, filled with grace and mercy toward others...keeping our eyes heavenward, with the hope for eternal life with Jesus Christ.


What can we do to serve?
Are there needs in your community, or church?
Do you like to cook, or bake for others?
Do you like writing encouraging cards, or letters?
How about taking someone shopping, or to a doctor appointment, or even just for a walk?
Maybe spend an evening playing cards with a lonely person.
Visit a nursing home, or hospital.

Pray about it, and ask God to use you in a ministry where your gifts and talents would best be used.

Step out of your comfort zone, and volunteer for something that you have never done before.

If nothing else, be a prayer warrior.
Pray for your family and friends, or community.

It is my fervent expectation that your Easter season is filled with joy, and a longing in your heart for a renewed relationship with Jesus our Savior.
Debbie
xxoo 

11 comments:

  1. This was a beautiful posting Debbie, and certainly causes one to ponder many things. I appreciated your questions, and gave them much thought.

    Your Easter thoughts are beautifully written and God honoring.

    Have a beautiful weekend ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post, the pictures also a feast for the eyes. Thought provoking, making me wonder how I can improve my walk with Christ and do more for my community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is a beautiful post and one we can all read again and learn from. I pray all the time that I'll use my time to the glory of God. It's very hard to be balanced in your every day life but we really need to strive to do things we enjoy EVERY day AND to help others. I spend one day a week at a Hospice house visiting the patients and their families. And there is so much need...everyone just needs to reach out to organizations and ask. I hike and do arts and crafts. We cook and prepare good meals every day and read. Well...I could go on. My life is not perfect and I have challenges to face just like everyone else. But we only get this one life and I believe we should live it to the fullest! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post Debbie. I love to find little things to make other feel special especially during lent.
    It does not have to be big things to make someone's day. We never know what others are going through and sometimes just the simplest of things can make someone's day. We all have struggles and I have a lot on my plate right now but I am trying to see the blessings in my life too. Somedays it is hard when the stress levels are high but we do only get one chance in this life and every day is a gift so trying to carve out happiness each day is key. Love all your easter decor.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. good morning Debbie
    What an incredibly beautiful blog post. Your photos are so pretty but your words really touched me. I will certainly pray about what I can do to be a blessing to others* Enjoy your weekend Debbie

    love deezie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Easter decors are adorable and your home is always so cozy. Your words are really important
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty photos and lovely sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amber....Thank you so much for visiting the lakehouse blog, and for taking the time to leave your kind comment. Enjoy your week.
      Debbie
      xo

      Delete
  8. Debbie, I loved all your wonderful rabbits. You have such a good heart. I guess my gift to others is prayer. Especially at this time...as I have been running in circles. I do pray for everyone, who needs a hug and extra blessings. Those that are sick or lonely. I pray for our leaders of the world...to do the right things. When I was young and learning to pray...more or less on my own..I would ask our Lord for things for myself. I know that God wants us to ask. Then I learned to pray for others. This is a gift we can give...to ask our Lord to help others. It feels better than asking for things for myself. Maybe we do get wiser as we get older. LOL Blessings to you my sweet friend. xoxo,love you so much, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Post. Love your thoughts and decor. The little brown bunnies are adorable..I love bunnies and have a collection(without intent). Prayer warrior is where I try to be these days to keep my sanity and hopefully to bless others, as we all have our personal struggles with Family and Friends, too. Have a beautiful Easter Season. He is risen!!

    ReplyDelete