Tuesday, July 13, 2021

After the Rain.

I took a walk in the gardens after the rain this evening.
I love seeing the drops of water hanging heavy on the petals of the flowers, and leaves.....like on this clematis.

The rain was quite heavy today.
Some of the flower heads were hanging a little low.



This is the time of Summer when it seems most of the flowers are blooming.
There is plenty of color everywhere!

Hollyhocks are at different stages of bloom.  Some are almost finished, and others are just getting started.
I like all of the different heights, as well. They differ from just two feet, to almost ten feet high.

The roses are doing well.  Lots of colors, and different varieties.


The fragrance in the gardens is intoxicating.

The butterflies have been happy with all of the coneflower growing.

I am happy that the David Austin roses are blooming....even though I just planted them this spring!!!

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny.
A good day for deadheading and weeding.
What a wonderful time of the year!!
xxoo



4 comments:

  1. Your pictures are all just lovely. We're having our first sunny day here today in quiet a while. We're had a lot of rain, but I've noticed most of the flowers are blooming beautifully. They don't seem to mind all the rain at all. At least I don't have to water them much at all. Enjoy working in your garden. It's a beautiful place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, I do enjoy a garden tour after a rain. The drops of water on the flowers just add magic.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing prettier than flowers with rain droplets on them. So gorgeous and like Carla said magical. The pics are beautiful. Thank you for sharing them with us. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..great photography. I am choosing the Hollyhocks as my favorite..love the pink and rain combo. We also got some much needed rain yesterday. God is good. I know you are enjoying your hard work and beauty each day. Have a great rest of week.

    ReplyDelete