Thursday, July 14, 2011

Copy cat

Good sunny morning to you.
Yes....I'm a copy cat.
I was visiting Debbie at Love of the Sea last night, and her post was about another blog...Finding Home.
Debbie showed pictures of the mantle at Finding Home.
It's gorgeous!

I've had this old weathered gate for quite awhile, and always wanted to use it inside.
After seeing Finding Home's mantle, I went right outside to retrieve my old gate.
 I tried to duplicate the shell garland with my shells from Sanibel Island. Instead of using ball jar lids, I used little vintage bottles.

 I LOVE, love, love the way it turned out...maybe not as pretty as the original...but close enough.
It feels so beachy in here. Kind of like walking along a sea-side cottage.
All I need is a load of sand to throw on the floor.

The gate ties in with all the mason jars, bottles, and shells on the window sills...I can almost hear the ocean.....

13 comments:

  1. I love it! I grew up on the Texas coast and beach decor just strikes a chord in me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a terrific idea! Love the old weathered fence with the shell garland! Gorgeous - a perfect way to remember your trip!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great Debbie, how fun that you could use the shells you collected-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Debbie! I wish I had the patience to make one. And I need an old gate. Hope you are enjoying your summer!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie,
    It is so pretty and so perfect for your home at the lake!! Love it!!
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! What a great idea!
    XO
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  7. We never use beachy things around here because there are no beaches-but I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie- It looks great-now I have to pop over and see the "original" . Hope summmer is treating you kindly! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it looks great! Very beachy. You picked up some great shells from Sanibel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LUV IT, Debbie! It looks just like a fence we'd see on Sanibel! Now you've got me thinking....."Should I take that little piece of picket fence sitting around in the barn, paint it white, and set it in front of the fireplace....????" ♥

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun, Debbie! I never would have thought of that! I love the little bottles, that is such a cute touch. Now I just may have to go ahead and copy YOU!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a wonderful copy cat Debbie, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This came out great. Looks awesome. Now I have to figure out how to copy this too! As I just love the look so much. Glad you were inspired by such a pretty coastal mantle.

    ReplyDelete