Saturday, May 16, 2015

A great day for gardening.

What a great day!
The clouds finally broke up, the sun came out, and the air temperature rose enough to allow me to get outside and get some work done.

I have to take a trip to the greenhouse tomorrow for another flat of flowers to fill the last two window boxes.
The weeding will never be completely done...but at least I got a lot of it worked on today.

The gardens here are so informal.
Everything grows where it wants...instead of where it should.
That's the fun of cottage gardening for me.
There's always a surprise popping up around a corner.

The inside of my house is the same....very informal.
Not much planning.
Pieces just sit where they fit sometimes.....well....not really, but close.
I'm sure it must look that way to some people.
That's what's fun about living in an old cottage.....you can decorate "outside of the box".
I'm sure there are a few items that the Mister wishes really were OUTSIDE!!  Old window sashes, and doors, etc.
I'm hoping for another good day tomorrow. Lots more gardening to do.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Debbie
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
If you would like to visit my other blog: Seashells and Lavender, click on the photo on my sidebar under the heading Seashells and Lavender. It will take you directly there. xo

15 comments:

  1. I hope you'll share photos of your gardens soon! Enjoy being outside and breathing the wonderful fresh air! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Debbie I love your seltzer bottle and your wine stoppers, especially the crown one with the bling. Plus your collection of antique linens are gorgeous, I too collect them.
    Enjoy your day in the sunshine planting beauty to grace your home during the warm months.
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the fresh air and your garden. I love to get out in my garden too. So peaceful.
    Happy Sunday.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, the weeding is always there. I've got the boxes and pots planted here. The rest comes up year after year, but there is always the weeding and also the thinning out as some things try to take over. We have a row of Rose of Sharon bushes along the fence and so many babies have popped up from them, I've been pulling them like weeds. I saw in the garden center these bushes were selling for 30 dollars and here I am having to throw them away. Hope you have a sunny Sunday. It's cloudy and supposed to rain here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice you can get out and enjoy the warmer weather. It is still back and forth here... snow one day, and 50 degree temps the next!
    I love your "out of the box" decorating ~ and it's always a delight to be invited in to visit you in your home. :)
    Have a lovely Sunday,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am back!!! You opened your other blog again? Gotta go see that! Happy gardening. I still have not done one single thing outside. Crazy Spring here. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, I think we should decorate to suit ourselves, always. We are the ones living in it. I love your linens. Great bottle stoppers. :):) Do you still grow the hollyhocks? I always thought your roses and hollyhocks were the best. Hope you are having fun gardening. Love you girl, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you decorate...it´s so charming.My garden is very informal too,lol.But that is the way I like it.Your so right...weeding is a never ending story.I hope you have sunny days this week so you can work in your garden.
    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debbie
    Wasn't it just gorgeous out today!!! I was out working in our garden also. I love your Seltzer Bottle. I have a collection of blue ones. I have never seen one like yours. Its so pretty. Enjoy this beautiful weather.
    deezie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think cottage style gardens are the best! Informal, loose and a bit wild:) Love your decorating style too, Debbie! Have fun planting and digging in the dirt:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm very curious to see your garden. Your items are so beautiful and shabby chic...i love your pictures.
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spring is such a wonderful time of the year! I like your attitude towards gardening, and your home, informal, and what makes you happy is indeed best :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you're keeping busy! We have been doing quite a bit of weeding as well. Yesterday we weeded a patch of garden space where we want to plant watermelons. Your home decor always looks beautiful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for stopping by Debbie...I'm doing good but really didn't think it would take this long to start feeling like myself but I'm grateful for still being here:)
    I'm used to having my flowers all bought and planted by now. Hope you had another good day to play in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for stopping by Debbie...I'm doing good but really didn't think it would take this long to start feeling like myself but I'm grateful for still being here:)
    I'm used to having my flowers all bought and planted by now. Hope you had another good day to play in your garden!

    ReplyDelete