Friday, June 24, 2016

A morning walk in the cottage garden.

I took a walk through the cottage garden this morning, and was pleased to see all the roses blooming!
The New Dawn climbing rose is doing well on the new arbor we put up this spring. 
A Nelly Moser clematis is growing on the opposite side of the arbor, and is beautiful this year.
The Hollyhocks will be opening soon.

Another New Dawn climber growing in the obelisk we purchased with the arbor and iron fences.

We just planted this lavender rose this spring for it's fragrant blooms.

Love New Dawn....starts out this gorgeous pale pink, then fades to white.


Yellow roses were always my favorite.
As I've matured, pinks have become more pleasing to me.

I really enjoy the formation of the old roses.

These beauties remind me of the ruffles on a ladies dress.

I planted a few Knock Out Roses...but only two bushes survived the winter.

There are still more flowers to show their pretty heads.
The lilies are almost ready!
The veronica, and yarrow are slowly peeking through.
No hurry.....there's plenty of summer left to enjoy the flowers.

Like this gorgeous white rose!

I'm working on a new brick path since we put in the iron arbor and fences.
The cottage garden isn't very large....but big enough to keep me busy. Along with the other gardens around the cottage.
Have a wonderful weekend.....and take time to smell the roses!!
Debbie
xo

11 comments:

  1. Oh Debbie I so enjoyed my cyber stroll under your iron arbor into your enchanting garden. Beauty surrounds ... New Dawn - Pink fades to White and so perfectly captured by your camera with a magical inner glow.
    Happy weekend sweet Debbie!
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I know that walking into your garden must be close to heaven. I can imagine the wonderful fragrance of all those roses together. The white rose with the pink traces in the petals is beautiful. I also love the pink old fashioned roses, they have a scent that takes me back to my childhood. Blessings to you my sweet friend, hope you are loving your summer. I am waiting for those hollyhocks. oxox, love you, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie
    Well that was magical, walking through your gorgeous garden. All those different roses!!! each one is so beautiful. I love those old fashion looking roses also. I enjoyed the walk so much Debbie, thank you for sharing. Enjoy your weekend my friend
    deezie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I so enjoyed your walk. The roses and your garden are beautiful. Starting off the day with such beauty makes my day brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie...your garden is a dream, it looks so lush and full of gorgeous cottagy plants. l love the wrought iron archway and obelisk you've used to grow the roses over. How quickly your lavender rose has bloomed after just being planted this year...New Dawn is an absolute stunner isn't she. Gorgeous red rose in the last photo, what a lovely place to relax and enjoy a cuppa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Debbie ! roses are my favourite flower and your garden is certainly packed full of them ...it must smell delicious !
    Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the stroll through your beautiful garden flowers. Your roses are fabulous. Just beyond beautiful. Hugs my friend. Happy Summer.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is incredible Debbie! It's like something out of a gardener's magazine! You certainly do have a very green thumb. I love the rose arbor, so very English cottage-y and love the little path you're adding:) I imagine working out there is very soothing for the soul! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wauw these roses are fantastic - thank you for the inspiration
    best
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Preciosas flores en un mágico jardin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cottage garden is simply gorgeous! I love your roses, and clematis, and it is just all delightful! I would love to come smell the roses with you in your garden :) Have a blessed day my friend!

    ReplyDelete