Tuesday, February 12, 2019

I caught the bug!!!

As some of you already know from IG, I have caught the bug!
The dollhouse bug.
I bought The Big Book of a Miniature House by Lea Frisoni a few months ago, and had been wanting to build a dollhouse ever since my youngest daughter and granddaughters started working on one.
Then Amy Chalmers was really getting hooked on the habit, as well.
After talking to Amy about the book, I finally decided to try and make the brass bed.
My husband and I went to Hobby Lobby and we got a house, and are working on it....still.
I've had some unfinished dollhouse furniture stashed away over the summer, and am working on that, too. 
This photo is the attic bedroom....not finished...but it's getting there.

After making the brass bed, I worked, and worked, and worked on modifying the baby crib from Lea's book. I wanted a daybed.  Lea's work is impeccable!!! The daybed is finally finished. Not perfect, but I will admit, it turned out okay.
I made a duvet cover, pillows and mattress out of a vintage hankie.
Vintage lace and linens were used for the bedding on the brass bed.
The fireplace in the background was another unfinished piece.
Amy told me about the online Etsy shops that sell dollhouse furniture......oh.....over the weekend I really helped the economy!!! What cute stuff you can find on Etsy!!!

So, sometime next week a tiny UPS truck should be pulling up in front of the dollhouse with a huge delivery of furniture and other tiny dΓ©cor pieces.
They will be bringing in a stove, fridge, and sink for the kitchen below.
The pieces in this room are more of the unfinished pieces I already had.
The linens were made using a vintage towel, and the valance and doilie were cut from a vintage pillow case trim.

I found these little garden pieces at the dollar store today.
The clay pots will be painted with sand mixed with paint, and splashed with moss green.
The trellis will get a coat of gesso, then white paint and some moss green.
Since we have two bunnies, I had to buy the little rabbits.
Once the outside is finished....these pieces will go around the outside of the house.
The winters here in Michigan are long and brutal. Working on this little house has been a blessing for me. It will take quite a while to get it all finished....but that's part of the fun...right?!
Hopefully you have been keeping busy, and staying warm!!
Debbie
xo

9 comments:

  1. I didn't know that!! So awesome!! Guess who has a huge box full of doll house stuff I need to get rid of? This girl! Guess who's getting it all?? You love πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun hobby. This is adorable. I love that sweet chippy dresser too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah!! The bug is contagious! Its been so much fun messaging each other about what we are doing in our "houses". Sounds like you are going to be having a lot of fun opening up some tiny packages soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, a wonderful project. We have a house all ready to start working on, exciting ties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a lover of miniatures. Your project is adorable
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Debbie
    I LOVE everything you did on your sweet doll house. I can't wait to find one of my own. Never thought to build one from a kit. Vintage lace just makes it perfect* have fun my friend
    deezie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am so happy for you, this is one bug that will stay in the family for a long time! I love all that you have done so far! It will be a work of art and filled with love and your amazing taste in decor
    Happy Valentines Day
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend convinced me and i had no choice than to follow my friend advice,because i never dreamed of loosing my lovely Husband. And i contacted_________Robinson.buckler {@ yahoo }. com, and i discussed with him all my problems and worries and so surprisingly,he told me that I’ll get my husband back a day after. I didn’t believed Him, until when i got home,the next day,my husband called me to inform me that he is coming back home…..So Amazing!! That’s how i got my back through spell casting and our relationship was stronger than ever. One of the price i was asked to pay was to tell it to the people around me that problems like this,can always be solved by Robinson Buckler So! my advice to you out there is to visit this same E-mail address,and tell him your problems too,if you are in any condition related to love issue or getting your ex back or and problem at all, pls Contact him and have a happy life.______ YEEEAAASSS!!!πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ

    ReplyDelete