Friday, February 22, 2019

Lucy and Ethel take a trip.

What a whirlwind of a week this has been!
My friend, Gisele, had a trip to Clearwater beach planned and invited me to come along.
Jim and I usually vacation on Sanibel Island, but our plans were cancelled this year.
This is my first visit to Clearwater. I had no idea what to expect.

We are staying on the fifth floor of the Marriott Hotel, and the view is fantastic!
This has been a total change compared to what I am used to.
We are right in the "heart" of it all!!!
We take a trolley whenever we want to go shopping, or out to eat, or just to see the sites.
By the way....the food here is delicious!!!

There are bridges everywhere!!! going back and forth over the bay to the Gulf.
Grand hotels, restaurants, stores, etc. are all along the coast....and white sandy beaches filled with people!!

We did some shelling, and found lots of coral pieces, sponges, and some nice shells to add to our collections.

The night life here is active.....we took the trolley downtown for supper last night, and it was very busy!
People out and about as if it was in the middle of the day!!!
Even dinner boats out on the bay for adventurous souls wanting to make the most of their stay!

Parties always going on around the pool here at the hotel in the evenings.
We would come back to our room after supper, or after a walk to enjoy the balcony and the moon over the water.
I am glad I came here with my friend. The weather has been perfect. Even though the pace here is much more hustled....you can slow it down if you choose to do so. Just being in the sunshine and warmth has been a blessing, and spending time with my friend has been a real fun experience....finding our way around and navigating through all the traffic and places we've never been before! I feel like we've both accomplished things in our lives that we would never have done if we hadn't taken this trip. Personal triumphs....overcome some fears, doubts, and dumped some of the things that have hindered us from stepping out of our comfort zones...enabling us to experience some spiritual growth in the process. 
You are never too old to do something out of the ordinary...like take a trip to Florida with a girlfriend. Spend a week on a beach and collect shells. Visit a place you've never been with that friend, and ride the trolley to dinner and shopping.  
We might act like Lucy and Ethel at times....but we did this!!!!
I will let you all know when we get home....THAT might be a whole new story...…
xo

10 comments:

  1. You go girl!
    I think what you are doing with your dear friend is awesome!
    Sounds like a wonderful place to explore and enjoy or just relax and ponder on God's beauty that surrounds you.
    I went to Sanibel Island many years ago, like 38, with my in laws, but all I remember is losing one of my sandals off the baby stroller. Those sandals were my all time favorite!!

    Enjoy your time~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an amazing trip and wonderful place just to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa!!!! YEA FOR YOU!!! I am so thrilled you were able to do this, Debbie. I didn't realize you had cancelled your trip to Sanibel. I am so glad that you are did this, Debbie. Good for you. What a fun time. I love all different parts of FL! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't thank you enough for your support, encouragement, words of wisdom, making me laugh hysterically, dodging in and out of traffic "just in time", questioning where CJ is taking us half the time, and speed packing. The laughter, tears, memories to last a lifetime, how could we ask for more? This may have to become a yearly celebration but we've done Clearwater Beach... And once was plenty enough. Love you tremendously LUCY!!πŸ¬πŸ’•πŸŒœπŸšž

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helloooooo Gisele….What a week, huh?! Seems like God had other plans than what we expected. Lots of fun, and lots of learning, too! I enjoyed all of the time we had, everywhere we went!! Thank you for asking me to go along! and what a guy Chris is to have taken care of everything for us!! You guys ROCK!!
      Love you Ethel.
      xo

      Delete
  5. Good for you girlfriend. I am so happy you were able to make this trip with your good friend. Sounds like you accomplished so much in a short time. Even though I am so green with envy and jealousy that you got a trip like this I am truly happy for you. Have a safe trip home.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking at the pictures, it seems like you would have enjoyed your trip! Thank you for the inspiration, I'll take my girlfriend to a tip like this for sure!

    Mulberry Cottages Discount Codes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, I am so happy for you. So nice to know you had a fun time and truly enjoyed doing something different. I think of you often. One day my head will be n straight again and I will write to you. You are always in my prayers . You are also always in my heart. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. my Teddy is about ready for round 3rd chemo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a wonderful place to visit. Enjoy your trip
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friend convinced me and i had no choice than to follow my friend advice,because i never dreamed of loosing my lovely Husband. And i contacted_________Robinson.buckler {@ yahoo }. com, and i discussed with him all my problems and worries and so surprisingly,he told me that I’ll get my husband back a day after. I didn’t believed Him, until when i got home,the next day,my husband called me to inform me that he is coming back home…..So Amazing!! That’s how i got my back through spell casting and our relationship was stronger than ever. One of the price i was asked to pay was to tell it to the people around me that problems like this,can always be solved by Robinson Buckler So! my advice to you out there is to visit this same E-mail address,and tell him your problems too,if you are in any condition related to love issue or getting your ex back or and problem at all, pls Contact him and have a happy life.______ YEEEAAASSS!!!πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ

    ReplyDelete