Sunday, April 19, 2020

Choose humility over pride.

There is no excuse for hurtful words toward someone as we try to make a point.
No one has the right to put someone else down, just because we might not agree with what they choose to do in their own situation!
Everyone makes decisions based on what their priorities are.
What I feel is important in my life, doesn't mean everyone else sees the same order of priorities should be put in place in their lives!

I am very opinionated, and open my mouth when I should really be keeping it closed.
What is right for one, is not right for all!

Last year, I prayed for God to humble me, and break my prideful attitude.
It's been a work in progress.
After years of spewing my opinions freely, I have been learning, the hard way, to keep my mouth shut!
When I don't keep my opinions to myself, and someone calls me on it....instead of defending my actions like I did before, I have to do what God commands, and give up the prideful attitude and say I am sorry.
It is not always an easy thing to do.....
When you are conditioned to take control, and say whatever you feel, no matter what anyone else thinks....having God humble you is not pleasant.


Even listening to, and understanding circumstances from someone else's point of view comes into play.
I really didn't care.
As long as I got my point across.


You come to realize it's not everyone else that needs changing....it's you!
You have to surrender your heart for God to soften, and mold it into something He can use.
Like having spiritual heart surgery.
God is the Great Physician, removing the hardened scar tissues, and replacing it with soft, pliable parts that He can use to comfort and convict.

I still struggle with keeping a bit in my mouth!
Just like I used on our riding horses for controlling them when we rode.
God uses situations to pull on the reigns, and remind me Who is in control!!
When we fall back into those old habits, it reflects on our ministry, AND on our witness.
I need to be kept accountable. 
I need to choose humility over pride.
I need to pull up my sleeve and look at that tattoo(I know, badness) WWJD, and make a decision for Christ.
xo

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and beautiful words. Happy Sunday. Have a wonderful start to the new week.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been humbled so many times. Every time things started going right and I'd be feeling pretty good about what I'd done, I got knocked right down a gain. Now I can only say that any good I've ever done has been God's work, not mine. It's good to remember to always be humble and kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand what you are saying, I too have been gently reminded to be humble. I continue to learn lessons, I am so thankful for a patient and kind God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something we all struggle with. Mine in reverse...not speaking up, and then feeling guilty that I didn't give my opinion. But speaking the truth in love is always the key. Someone once told me saying "I'm sorry is easy..we use the term loosely. But saying "Will you forgive me?" Had a larger impact. I've learned to do that when needed, and I can say it is more freeing that just saying I'm sorry. And I guess that is my opinion..haha.

    ReplyDelete