Thursday, September 2, 2021

Walk in Love

It's time to bring in the Hydrangeas.
These large heads will be used for wreaths.
I can pull them apart and use them in arrangements, as well.


Pulling the drieds from last year, and putting in fresh.

Beautiful!!

The deer came through two nights ago and stripped so many plants of leaves, and flowers.
I was pleasantly surprised when I found this lone rose this morning.

When I realized the deer were back, I got out the wolf urine, and sprayed the perimeter with it.  The newest garden got through the next night without anymore damage.

Unfortunately, the damage was already done to the Honeysuckle.  They stripped the back side of this vine the previous night.

I understand the deer are animals, and they are doing what comes natural.  My anger and disdain toward them was put into perspective after our Wednesday night Bible study on "walking in love".
There are times when I struggle with people....their actions, and personalities are "hard to take".  I let them irritate me....much like those deer that come in and destroy my beautiful gardens!!
John 13:34 says A NEW COMMANDMENT I GIVE UNTO YOU, THAT YE LOVE ONE ANOTHER; AS I HAVE LOVED YOU, THAT YE ALSO LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
:35 BY THIS SHALL ALL MEN KNOW THAT YE ARE MY DISCIPLES, IF YE HAVE LOVE ONE TO ANOTHER.
Love is not a feeling....just like forgiveness....it's a decision!!!  I decide to forgive. I decide to love. If I go on my feelings, I will fail. I must stay with my decision to "walk in love".  It's a conscious effort for me at times!!!  To look at a person that sets those "feelings" of dislike into motion, to go back to the decision to love.  I cannot do it on my own. I need the Holy Spirit to give me strength. 
As far as the deer are concerned.....I need all the strength I can get!!!!!
xxoo

12 comments:

  1. When we do everything with love, there is no room for hatred or fear. Love never fails. It endures and will always win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I got out the wolf urine"

    Does this work? We've considered ordering some. I can't believe I just said that. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Ok, tried to put a laughing face here about the wolf urine, but it did not work. Oh, well. ��

      Delete
  3. Your hydrangeas are gorgeous. I am so in awe of them and you get to dry them and have them this fall. Happy Friday tomorrow and have a great holiday weekend on the lake. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about rabbits! And isn't it sometimes irrating when we have to love and forgive certain people? Sometimes, I have to forgive over and over again. It's not a one-time thing. Thank God, we have our Holy Spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ellen...I am so sorry to be late with my reply. I agree, it is difficult to have to keep forgiving certain people...but we must go back to that decision we made to forgive...and not go on feelings. WWJD...Walk in Love. Thank God we have His Holy Spirit dwelling in us to give us the strength to live as Jesus did. I appreciate your comment. xxoo

      Delete
  5. Our God will use so many things to teach a lesson that we need to learn, but I usually have to go through the same test more than once.
    I had to cut down all the huge sunflowers as they were dead and looked terrible. I can feel summer slipping away. Your beautiful flowers will be a bright spot all winter long! Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. :0) ... I needed this. I have a relative that no matter what..is so very negative ALL the time..and takes actions of others out of content and makes their actions against her..when they are not. I sometimes have to take a break from this person..but because of love..I always return for more negativity. :0) ... Thanks so much for putting it into perspective for me more.. :0) .. God is good and forgives us so we must forgive others, too..is the way I see it..even if they never ask...but boy it is not easy, always.. ;0) .. I love your dried flowers. I got this idea from a friend...she had some of her hydrangeas in a large jar(lidded one) and sitting on her bathroom counter...beautiful.. Dried flowers are great and I remember the ones you could buy in the 70's and 80's...but like you..the ones I have usually are dried by me... You do a great job. I always look forward to a new post from you for the pics and for the hidden message. Have a great week. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hydrangeas are so pretty. We have problems with rabbits

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the best decision i ever made was contacting Dr Otonokpo to help me get my lover back, I was life filled with happiness after i contacted Dr Otonokpo because he didn't just bring my lover back to me he also made our love for each other more unique and superb. If you need to spice your relationship with more love and attention contact Dr Otonokpo on his Email Address otonokpotemple@gmail.com, call/whatsapp him via his contact +2348114129781 and be happy just like i am, thanks Dr Otonokpo for your great work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


    Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586

    ReplyDelete