Thursday, August 15, 2019

Dragonflies, fireflies, and fairies.

Wow....can you believe it's August?
The season of dragonflies, fireflies, and fairies.... fluttering around the treetops,  lily pads, and flower gardens.

You might not see them, but they are around.
Sprinkling their fairy dust on the flowers...giving them that last bit of summer energy for a sudden burst of bloom and color before fall arrives.

This wee cottage looks so sweet in the evening light, when the teeny lights look like fireflies dancing in the treetop.
The dragonfly is battery operated, so the wings open and close...looking amazingly real.

This tiny cottage is a 1/48 scale, so it is VERY small.

It's fun to add a little whimsy to your décor.
A blogger friend, Vera rowhomesandcobblestones.blogspot.com is a master at decorating her home with fascinating pieces that catch the eye and warm your heart.
I received these sweet pieces in the mail this morning from another blogging friend, Faye Schilling. She thought they would look nice in the bakery I am making in miniature size(previous post).
I cannot say enough good things about the friends I've made here in the blogging community through the years. Kindred spirits.
Smooches.
xo

6 comments:

  1. Debbie, I love the tiny cottage. The fairies have been working overtime to keep their wee world cool and calm around here this summer. I appreciate all their support..Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Debbie, I just read your comment to me. Thanks so much for your kind words and I do agree that all comes back if we just give it enough time. I am working on a couple of projects that I will share next week and they are turning out pretty OK for a non-artist..Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree it is so great that we bloggers have been connecting and making sweet friendships through the years. It is amazing we can find kindered spirits that we probably would not have met if it is not for the blogging world. Love the sweet little cottage. Have a great Friday and wonderful weekend.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little cottage is so cute! You have such an eye for decorating, I don't know how you do it! I am looking forward to starting a little house thanks to your inspiration! Hugs xoxo Faye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, how enchanting ...sweet, sweet cottage. Your home is so cozy..love it...thanks..

    ReplyDelete