Friday, August 30, 2019

Grace for the Moment.

I was just writing an email to my sweet friend Roxy, at Living from Glory to Glory, when a post started swimming in my head.
I told her I was sitting in front of the glass sliding doors watching the sun bouncing off the water, and reflecting off the bottom of the boat across the canal from us.
I love this time of the day.
So I grabbed my camera, zoomed in on the boat, and took a shot.
It won't be long when the boats will come off the hoists, and moorings for the season.

While sitting, and watching the sun and water, you can hear someone mowing their lawn. The sweet fragrance of freshly cut grass wafts by on the breeze.
This is the time of the year when the hydrangeas are laden with heavy blooms...pulling the branches almost down to the ground.
It's too early to cut them for drying. So it takes patience not to get out the cutters, and clip off the gorgeous bloom too early.

The Monarchs are here in abundance this year!
Fluttering from one Blackeyed Susan to the next.
We have several patches of them growing around our yard.
It's a happy flower that kind of wraps up the Summer gardens.

As I enjoy the gorgeous day, my kitchen is a busy place.
Two blueberry pies cooling, one in the oven, and one more ready to bake.
Pulled pork in the slow cooker, and a variety of cold salads waiting to be made....like potato salad, using all of those boiled potatoes on the counter.
The picnic for the Lion's Den is here this weekend.
Jim has been cleaning up the yard, while I am inside doing the things that need tending to.
This time of the year usually brings sadness....the end of Summer is difficult for me.
Today has been a joyful day. I've felt His presence in everything around me.....Grace for the moment.
Have a fun and safe holiday weekend!!
Debbie
xo

5 comments:

  1. I am right there with you Debbie, very sad to see summer coming to an end. I am holding onto every sweet summer like day that we get. Have a great holiday weekend.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have seen alot of monarchs this year. We have so much rain my hydrangeas are rusty instead of the pretty green they usually change to, darn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post..I am behind with my blog-reading as have had no internet(yikes, lol)..but, wow...love those black-eyed Susans and all of the lakehouse beauty. I have never made pulled pork in crock pot..sounds great idea. Hope your picnic was fun..the Lake is a beauty..Have a blessed rest of Summer. Its still hot and humid in NC, but have spent some time in NC Mountains where temps and humidity much lower. Love your blog, home and writings.. :0) Thank you and all for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

  4. I'm here to testify about Mr John Blank ATM Cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines around the world.. firstly I thought it was scam until I saw so many testimony about how Mr John sent them the ATM blank card and how it was used to withdraw money in any ATM machine and become rich so I decided to risk the opportunity I contacted him also and I applied for the Blank Card to my greatest surprise I have used it to get 10,000 dollars. maximum withdrawal daily $1,000, Mr John is giving out the card just to help the poor. Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault,If your interested kindly contact him directly on his email (johnlopez1945@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete