Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A trip to the Salvage Market.

My friend, Ruth, and I went to the Salvage Market in Bay City over the weekend.
Vintage linens and lace are what I look for at all antique shows, and outdoor markets.

This market place did not disappoint.
Plus these beautiful dishes from England were found in one of the shops we visited along the river front after going through the market.

I didn't come home with a lot....but what I did bring home I was very happy with.
I had enough narrow lace to make another rag garland for above my work desk.
The wide lace will make many lavender sachets!

This pillow slip was an unusual find for me.
It's open on both ends. Something I've never seen before.
It's long enough for the sofa, which I just LOVE!!!

The embroidery is so delicate, and compliments the cutwork design.

I am always on the look out for standard size vintage pillow slips.
This one is a beauty with the lace trim and garland embroidery.

It's a nice addition to the daybed on the sun porch.
There were many large architectural pieces that I would have loved to bring home from the market...but sometimes you really have to ask yourself....do I "really need that?" I would have liked to have said "yes!!!"  In the end, I was truly happy with what I brought home with me. Pretty pieces that make my heart sing.
Have a fun week!
Debbie
xoxoxo

10 comments:

  1. What lovely finds indeed. Greetings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pillow and the dishes are so pretty. You had a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, That is an unusual pillow case. I love it. You day bed is the sweetest thing ever. Love the pillows on it too.. Hope you enjoyed your friend time. It so fun to do things with friends who like the same things we do. Blessings, love you, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, I love your style and I too adore vintage linens and lace! That large one is absolutely gorgeous! Your rag garlands are so fun. I love making things like that. Happy to be a new follower and look forward to getting to know you!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya know sweet Debbie - sometimes it's not how much you come home with ... Instead as you know, it's what touches your heart and fills you with joy that makes those small additions speak volumes with words that sweetly say "Welcome to my beloved Home".
    Lovely finds.
    xoxo,
    Ver a

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to a salvage market sounds like a wonderful treat. I've heard of them but have never been to one. That is probably a good thing as I already have way to much stuff here at my house. I love vintage things! Thanks for sharing your finds. Looks like they have found a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dishes are to die for!!! Just lovely! I love the vintage garland and the pillows are gorgeous. You found some good stuff:) I love vintage pillowcases also and have quite a few. I'm reigning in my shopping now tho because we're going on our 4th year of leasing this apartment and are determined that we're going to buy something next year...so the savings are getting ramped up! When I feel like buying something, I grab the laptop and look at homes for sale instead:) Hope you're having a great week! Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pretty finds Debbie. It is not what you want to bring home but what really speaks to you. Love that beautiful pillow just gorgeous.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salvage Market sounds awesome, Debbie! I am so glad that you and your friend enjoyed a trip there, and you found some treasures to bring home! Love your work space, by the way:) Those blue vintage plates are gorgeous! So is the lace. I always think of you when I see beautiful old lace and trims. Your pillows with the pom poms are beautiful!!! Did you make those?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the double opened pillow slip, it's beautiful! I am a linen girl myself and get giggly when I find a new piece that speaks to me. Enjoy your new pieces! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete