Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Trust

Situations and circumstances in our lives cause us to question, and become anxious.
We look for answers, and wonder why bad things happen to seemingly good people.
Why are adverse situations allowed?

If we pray....why aren't our prayers answered the way we expect them to be?

If we believe that God is sovereign over every aspect of our lives, then we should be able to TRUST Him in all situations.
When we find ourselves doubting....open up the Word of God!!
The Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, is able to slice between the soul (mind, will and emotions) and the spirit.
The Holy Spirit is able to separate between the flesh, and the spirit.
He can impart knowledge, and wisdom to our spirit.....through the Word of God.
Building up our faith, and trust.

Proverbs 3:5 says, "trust in the Lord with all thine heart (spirit); and lean not unto thine own understanding (flesh)."
Our own understanding draws us back to the flesh (soul: mind, will and emotions).
We need to trust in Jesus with our whole heart (spirit).
verse 6 says, "In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." 

Trust is like a staff you can lean on as you journey uphill with Jesus.  If you are trusting in Him consistently, the staff will bear as much of your weight as needed. Lean on, trust, and be confident in Jesus with all your heart and mind. 

Even in those times when we don't see the answer....we trust that God is working, and His timing is the BEST!!!
The outcome is in His Hands.
Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7.

Remembering....I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13.
It's all about the way we look at situations.  
Of course, we get concerned, grieve, cry out to God.....Are we looking with a Godly perspective? or through the eyes of our flesh?
Hopefully, we will Stand Our Ground Where Hope Can Be Found (O' Lord by Lauren Daigle).
Debbie
xo

13 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, I loved reading this today. I know that it all is in God's hands, so some times I need reminding. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo,love you sweet friend, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was blessed and encouraged by your post today. Also your pictures I could just move into your home are you taking boarders haha. This has been a very interesting year with the health issues of my husband first the congestive heart failure which we've dealt with for a long time and then the stroke Merry Christmas Eve. But he's recovering from a stroke so well that's just God's mercy and Grace. So I trust him everyday because he is in control of everything our God is full of grace and mercy and we are experiencing on a daily basis. Love and hugs thanks for the visit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love seeing your sweet cottage pictures of your home. Swooning over the rooms. I loved what you were saying in this post Deb. Sometimes we just have to trust that God has our backs even if it is not on our schedule. I have been through so much these past 8 years with Terry's jobs, moving and having to move my mom up here to take care of her. Sometimes especially when Terry was out of work for 2 years I thought God was not listening to my prayers. I learned a lot during this time and about the people in our lives. So God was teaching us patience and who we could really depend on. Lessons learned and then we got to a better place eventually it just was not on our schedule. We hung in there and continue to pray and ask God to take us to a better place and he did. It is hard when you are going through rough times to not lose that trust. Have a wonderful rest of the week. Loved your post.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dear Friend, When we are reminded of how this trust grows, it can help us get through those really hard times. But it seems when we are weak and we lean upon Christ and His Word, we learn and grow in these difficult times.
    Being patient and asking for wisdom yet enjoying this moment because we really don't know what tomorrow holds. Thanks for this encouraging post!!
    See You Soon...
    Love, Roxy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, this is wonderful to read today. I am going through a test right now in two areas of my life. I appreciate your words! Thank you for the encouragement.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. We do need to trust that everything will work out for the best for those that love the Lord. He is always faithful and true in his promises and will always be with us.Something I always hang on to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post, Debbie. Your photos and collections are really gorgeous..Happy Thursday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen. Love this scripture. Beautiful post. Love all of your photos..so cozy and pretty. Have a blessed Winter week. x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful thoughts paired with encouraging scriptures and pictures Debbie! It is true, we have so much to be thankful for, and His grace and mercies are new for us every morning. It is hard sometimes to see how the wicked prosper, but then I remember, that we are strangers and pilgrims in this world. Our reward is not here, but awaits us in heaven. It is comforting to remember and know these things as we look at the darkness around us. May the sweet presence of the Lord be with you sweet friend, much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catching up.. So enjoy your inspirational posts and your home is great, too. Thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get A Blank ATM CARD And Cash Good Money/Funds Pay Your Debt directly today in any ATM machine around you anywhere in the world. It's 100% guaranteed secure with no worries of being caught because the blank card it's already programmed and loaded with good funds in it, in such a way that's not traceable which also have a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you, i am not a stupid man that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done. For more info contact Mr john and also on how you are going to get your Card, Order yours today via Email: cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com

    WhatsApp contact: +27733798090

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had struggle relationship with my husband in the past which led to divorce with my first husband. After i and my ex husband got divorced, i had another chance to re-marry again and just 5 years of my second marriage there was another divorce which almost killed me emotionally. I stayed for another two years been unmarried and a single mother. Honestly I wasn't really happy it because every woman need a man in her life, there was a time i saw my first husbands photo and i realized how much i loved him and have missed him. I tried to get to him but i was told that he moved on with his life and we may never been together again. I wept bitterly that night thinking i have lost the man that i have had so much love for. I asked for advise on what to do and a friend of mine gave me a contact of Osasu Solution Temple, i consulted him and to his very best with his powerful spells he helped me with a Reunion Marriage Love Spell to returned my ex husband back to me, in just 9 days i had enchanter with a spiritual reunion prayers with priest Osasu everything turn around for good in my life, I am now happily living with my first husband again and sort out the divorce issues. with the help of Osasu temple, his a man of wisdom and care. Thanks and i appreciate all the help you have rendered to get my ex husband back into my life again. I testify here today that Osasu temple is powerful it can resolve all problem in a broken relationship with love once. contact him for solutions to any kind of relationship problem. Email....(drosasu25@gmail.com) You can also call him or add him on WhatsApp +2347064365391

    ReplyDelete