Tuesday, April 26, 2022

We are moving!!!

These pictures are repeats of a previous post.
I don't have anything recent, because almost everything in the lakehouse is packed up and ready to be moved.


We have decided to move to a warmer area.......from Michigan down to Alabama.
Winters here are too long, and very cold!!
I will miss living on the water, but am ready for a change.


Being a person that loves summer, and gardening....living in Northern/Lower Michigan does not afford me the pleasure of warm days for a long enough season of summer.
We will be near Birmingham. Close enough for a trip down to the coast for a day or two....and also far enough south to enjoy the warmth of an extended summer season.  I haven't been blogging for such a long time. I had lost my motivation to do much of anything these past few months.
We are looking forward to this new chapter in our lives.
I believe God has plans for us where we are going.
Jim will finally be retiring (he is 74).
I pray He has more Bible studies for me to be involved in, and teach.  And, hopefully, another teaching position at a facility like the Lion's Den (like teen challenge). 
There are chapters of the Christian Motorcycles Association for Jim to be involved in down there.
You are never too old to be in His service!!
Look at Moses!!

6 comments:

  1. So excited for your new Chapter or continuing book of life. :0) ....I hope yall will love your new community, and be very happy. "For Everthing there is a Season", and I sure do not blame you for wanting to be in warmer climate...it hurts the older we get..is what I am finding about the Winter weather. I know you will love hopefully more sunshine and warmer days..and hope you find the South welcoming to you and your Family. For me moves are always good and the somewhat sad...even when we are ready to go and know it is time. Take care and hope to see your new home one day in the future. Thanks for sharing. Hold onto the beautiful lake photos and memories. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting Deb. You will love being out of the winters up here. That is going to be so great. It is amazing how our lives are always changing even in retirement years things can change for the better. I wish you much success with the move and that you find happiness in Alabama. Safe travels sweet friend. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so wonderful Debbie! I pray the moving adventures are blessed in every way and that the Lord will open new avenues of ministry for you both! May sunshine warm your face and heart with happy gardening hours ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGOSH! I am SO excited for you. We have talked about moving somewhere warm for so long! John's health has prevented us from doing that at this point. I am glad you are both physically able to make the move, Debbie. I know you will find the perfect church and situation down there. God bless you during the upheaval part of the process. Did you already find a place down there or are you renting temporarily to find the perfect place? Love ya! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you, Debbie! I cannot do very cold temps, so I don't blame you for moving to a warmer climate. I believe God has something special for you both in Alabama. He will always use a willing heart to touch lives and give of themselves to those needing Him. God bless you both in all your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes on your move. I can't wait to see how you decorate your new home!

    ReplyDelete