Thursday, June 9, 2022

Settling in....

Lakehouse has moved to Alabama.
We no longer live on the water.
We live at the end of the Appalachian Mountain chain.

It's been just a little bit different here.
No geese, or ducks leaving messes in the yard and on the beach.
We wake up to Bluebirds singing, and flitting around the yard every morning. I brought the bird houses from the gardens down here, and the birds have set up house in them to raise their young.

I have never lived in a newer home, before...so this is a whole new experience for me.
Plus....no more attic ceilings in the bedrooms!!! 
Oh, how we are loving that!

To actually make the bed, and NOT hit my head on the ceiling...what a joy!!
And to be able to fit a queen size bed in the room is absolutely heavenly!
We bought Melissa's antique frame, and I am enjoying it so much!

Gardening will be a bit of a challange.
Soooo much clay to dig into.
We'll make it work.




It gets light here earlier than Michigan, and darkness comes earlier.
We are an hour behind Michigan, also.
It took a bit to get used to that.

It is VERY hilly here!! Steep, and no guard rail, kind of hilly.
falling rocks, and did I say steep hills, kind of hilly?
and curvy, hilly.
But....so gorgeous!
Instead of racoons, we have armadillos...many armadillos

Since we no longer live at the lake, I will be changing the name of my blog.
Not sure of what the name will be quite yet.
Something connected with the south.
We attended a little Baptist church on Sunday and will be returning this weekend.
Waiting on the Lord, and excited to see what He has for us to do here. 
xxoo

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear from you and know you've moved and are enjoying your new home. I can't wait to hear even more about it and your adventures there! Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new decor and so glad to hear about your new home. I do not know though about those Armadillos...lol..yikes.. I hope one day you are able to get a pic for us..lol ;0) ... Sounds like you are adjusting and getting acclimated to your new home just fine. Best wishes. Can't wait to see what you name your new Blog Home. Beautiful home..love the antique bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb so happy you are settling in your new home. Ha Ha to not hit your head to make the bed!!!! How was the baptist church I hear they take that very seriously down in the south! Singing and dancing I hope you got to be part of that. I will be excited to see what you come up with for your new blog name. Happy Friday. Have a wonderful weekend. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see your post. I hope you enjoy your new home. It is a big change, but hopefully for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I am catching up with you. Please do share the difference of living in Alabama from Michigan. Because I live in Wisconsin, I like to hear about the differences of living from the North to the South. :-)

    ReplyDelete