Monday, June 20, 2022

Bluebirds and Mandolins

I finally figured out how to download the pictures from today onto my blog....at least for today....that is.
I am learning which plants grow in the heavy clay soil, and which do not.  Also, what plants can take this 100 degree heat on a daily basis.

Container gardening for this Summer seems to be the way to go for me.
We will get some troughs, and build up some raised gardens for next year, since we got a late start to gardening due to the move.

I have some other herbs in pots elsewhere, and plan on bringing them up onto the deck soon.

I should have shown you some of the roses I brought with me from the lake.
They seem to be doing okay.
Slow but sure on those.

Love this sweet little owl from Erin.
The Jade is outgrowing the container so fast!

The Coneflowers seem to do well in the clay soil. So I should have quite a few by next season!!
I planted a few clumps down here.

Melissa and Kevin gave me this pretty Honeysuckle plant for Mother's Day.
It took right off!
I love the colors!!

A combination of plants in the little planter from Aldi's that I brought down.
I bought one for each of the girls last year, also.
Our porches each have a cute box to fill each year.
Gardening in Alabama is so different than it was in Michigan.  The soil is completely different!  The weather is a huge change!
Knowing what plants will survive down here will take some time to figure out.
I think it will all be okay.
It's all part of the journey.
Have a great week!
xxoo 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you've got a great start on your flowers there. I only do container gardening these days and have found it easy to do. With the climate and the clay I think you've made some very good choices. Very different from what you used to have but still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete