Saturday, June 11, 2022

Bluebirds and Mandolins....

I am on the covered deck this morning, where we spend a lot of time, reading, praying, having meals, and just enjoying being outdoors.
A pair of wrens is building a nest in the bird house hanging in the upper right side of the photo.
What a joy to watch them fly in and out with pieces of pine needles, and dried grass.

Erin and her family gifted us with this owl, and Jade plant just before we moved.
It has already grown since I put it out on the deck!!
Every time I see it, I think of Erin and her sweet family.

Just a start to some herbs for the kitchen.

The soil here is hard clay.
We are working on amending it for flower gardening.
There is a small area around, and under the deck that provides some shade for some plants that I have been working on.
We will have container gardens, and raised gardens, as well.



The white planter and creeping phlox is another gift from sweet Erin.
The purple flowers will return once I cut it back.

We are looking forward to attending the service at Calvary Baptist Church tomorrow.
We felt so welcomed last Sunday.
The worship is Gospel music with mandolin, banjo, and acoustic guitar.
The pastor is very energetic, and his love for the Lord gushes forth like a river!!
The Holy Spirit is the teacher, and that is what we seek!
We have so many Bluebirds here daily!  Their color is magnificent!!   I am trying to come up with a new name for my blog....something that isn't cutsie, or trendy.  Bluebirds comes to mind, and the mandolin playing the gospel music at church comes to my heart.  Bluebirds and Mandolins sounds kind of right, and southern....I will think on it some more.  Have a wonderful Saturday!!  
xxoo

1 comment:

  1. You have a beautiful deck and I hope you enjoy your view there. I have an enclosed patio on my house and I spend a lot of time out there. There is always something new to see. I've never had to deal with red clay and think it would be a challenge for sure. But knowing you love flowers I'm sure you'll find a way. I do container gardening here and do love having fresh herbs to cook with. The only thing I have to do is remember to water them. Glad to see you are settling in so well.

    ReplyDelete