Monday, May 15, 2023

Keeping Busy.

It's been very hot down here.
All of the inside plants have been moved out to the covered deck for the season, except for the air plants.
My middle daughter got me hooked on these amazing plants that don't need soil.
I put them in any kind of container I choose, and soak them in water a couple of times a month.
There are many different kinds of plants to choose from.
This is my newest one!


The roses are doing so well right now.
The David Austin roses have adjusted to the climate here.
I was very happy to see all of the blooms this Spring!

I have collected bird nests for years, but in the move, I lost several.  I don't know where they all went?
This one is from a bush next to the deck here. I saw it last Summer, so I let it sit until this Spring to make sure it was abandoned.
I sprayed it with Krylon a couple of weeks ago and brought it inside.
Now I am adding dried flowers to it.

The sweet neighbor girl that plays with our granddaughter when she visits, made me this pretty mud sculpture with my initial on it, and she added a dried rose to it also.

As a thank you, I made her a lavender sachet.

Jim put in a raised garden for me to grow lavender for drying.
I cut a few pieces (on the right) a few weeks ago, with some Salvia.
I will have Sage for wreaths also.
I am hoping the Larkspur comes up.

There are so many lizards in the garden.
They are usually a pretty bright green color.
This one was trying to blend in with the surroundings.

I love using the stamp transfers I found online.
They work on any flat surface.
It's fun to use them on cards and letters, and the sachets.
They are not washable, however.
As you can see, I keep busy now that I can get out in the garden.
I guess I should tune into the weather. Looks like a storm is coming.
Have a nice week!
xxoo

4 comments:

  1. How do they live without soil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just starting to warm up here and I just got flowers planted outside this past weekend, thanks to the help from two of my children and their families. Hope your storm isn't a bad one and gives you some relief from the heat.

    ReplyDelete