Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dreaming of Paris

Good morning chicabooms~~~~The sun is shining and the birds are singing...it's a lovely morning here at the lakehouse.
I would like to show you my guest bedroom today. I'm sharing this at Faded Charm for White Wednesday this week.
When I spent a month in France with my late husband and his family, we slept in an iron bed. It was gorgeous! The windows were huge, with grand shutters(and no screens). Every morning I'd wake up with three stray cats in bed with me. Where they came from is a mystery, since we were on the third floor of the home in Paris!
I always wanted an iron bed after that time we spent in France.
There was also a dressing screen in our room, and a wash stand. I have one that I'll share in a coming post.
When I put this room together, I wanted it to look like our room we had in Europe.

I had these hanging baskets in my shop, and brought this one home.

These bird houses were also a shop item.



I found the ceiling tiles while shopping at a local consignment shop. LOVE the way they look above the iron bed! The bed was sitting outside one of my favorite "cottage" shops here at the lake.


I added one of the pillows I made out of linen table clothes. The dressing screen I found at another local shop.
Once the room was put together, it reminded me of my time in Paris. Simple and sweet.
Great memories of a great time in my life.
I hope you enjoy the guest room. If you ever visit here at the lakehouse, you can sleep here...and dream of being in Paris.
Hugs,
Debbie
xxxooo



23 comments:

  1. Oooo la la! Your guest room looks like something right out of a chic French magazine, Debbie! Calm, soothing, quiet and cozy with a bit of Paris-flair thrown in for good measure. :) Just beautiful! I still envy that you can sew your own shams..... lol!

    See you in a few days, sis!

    xoxo laurie@heavenswalk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful bedroom! I'd love to have an iron bed too. Your linen pillow case is wonderful, good job!
    ☺ Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this room, Debbie! So pretty and serene!
    My home is currently decorated in earth tones, but I have really fallen for the farmhouse style, and will be slowly transforming it to that! As I am sure you know it is a neutral palette, too! :o)

    Thanks for sharing your loveliness!
    Oh to have memories of being in France!!
    HUGS,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful room my friend, I adore it. And that it reminds you of a blissful memory makes it just priceless.
    Thanks for sharing this, I'd love to come to the Lakehouse & stay awhile!
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Debbie,
    Your title for today's caught my post right away! I'm afraid that if I was a guest here, I would never want to leave! The bed is just gorgeous, and I really like the screen too. Well, I love Everything about the room! Your lampshade is just darling. Tres chic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a gorgeous room! It looks so pure and fresh...I can just picture waking up in that bed with the morning sun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when inspiration becomes reality! The entire bedroom is so serene and soft. Any guest would be happy staying here! I've never been to Paris, but this is how I imagine it. Finding the cats in my bed would freak me out, but I love everything else!!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so pretty and refreshing! I bet your guests love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet! What a wonderful memory of you and your husband's time in France.
    I love your bedroom and it looks very much like a little bedroom in a french chateau.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's truly French. Makes me want to go back to my favorite place in the world! Haven't been in two years...now that's a crime.
    J'adore votre chambre!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your bedroom looks dreamy. I would love to go to France one day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We both were thinking of our guests today at WW!

    Your room is so romantic. Thanks for the tour.

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Debbie,

    The pillow cover you made is very special - I love how it folds over with the point and the embroidery - charming!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bet your guests have trouble leaving your home! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! All 3 beds in our house are iron beds! They are my favorite!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  16. All your whites are so beautiful, but I'm so drawn to that gorgeous screen with the lace. I love it!

    Thanks for sharing with us today.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Debbie,
    What a beautiful bedroom...so serene!! I LOVE that privacy screen...very pretty!
    I'm imagining I'm in Paris now, as I look at this beautiful room. :)
    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Hugs ~ Jo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhhh! That bedroom is dreamy! Happy WW! Hope your day is a lovely one!

    Back Porch Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  19. How Beautiful ~ Instead of Dreaming in Paris, I would Rather Dream of being at a Lake House.... I must stick around & visit some other posts ~ have to be a New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The room is so serene in white. A perfect place for a guest to retire.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, such a lovely room. What a wonderful place to get away and relax and read a good book.

    Great White Wednesday photos!

    Susan
    http://simplepleasuressimpletreasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Simply beautiful, I looove everything about this room, it must bring such wonderful memories back to you each time you step into this sweet room!!! Thanks for sharing it with us! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely restful room, those tin tiles are stunning!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete