Thursday, June 24, 2010

Love of Lavender

Hello my fellow bloggers~~~It's a cool morning here at the lakehouse. I was out cutting some lavender...mmmmmmmm. I love that fragrance. It fills the house with such a wonderful scent.
I love hanging small bunches here and there. It looks pretty in a pitcher on a tray of teacups...and also infused in the tea as well. I also like to use it in vinegars to dilute the pungent smell, and add a softer flavor.

Adding lavender to your linens is a wonderful way to spread that heavenly scent.


Drying the heads and using it in sachets, and also sprinkling it on the floors before sweeping also helps spread the scent through your home.



Lavender looks lovely spreading throughout the garden. I love it's color...even the silvery blue of the leaves and stems.
The little flowers that open are so pretty.
I just love lavender...how about you?
I'm sharing this with Secret Garden Cottage for Feathering Your Nest Thursday. Why don't you head over there and check it out.
Debbie
xxxooo




8 comments:

  1. I bought a nice lavender plant last fall and it didn't make it through the winter. I was so bummed. I love all of your ideas, sweeping it up is VERY clever, I can imagine how good that would smell!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been hesitant to cut my lavender because I love the way it looks out in the garden. But you have inspired me to bring it inside for a change, sis! I'll have a bit of 'lakehouse' at Heaven's Walk! :)

    xoxo laurie@heavenswalk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have inspired me. I'll bring some of my lavender indoors!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lavender...I always have some in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie,
    Can you believe that I haven't used lavendar in my home? Well, after reading your post, I'm going to run out and buy a plant. I love all your ideas to freshen my home. Thanks so much for the tips! Thanks too for sharing and for stopping by!
    Sharlotte
    Ms. Sharlotte's...Southern Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie,
    I LOVE this post!! I adore lavender, too, and I love the way you've displayed it in your home...just beautiful!
    Thanks for visiting and joining my party! It's off to a very slow start this week. :( I appreciate the support!
    Hugs ~ Jo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I share your love of lavender. I tried so hard to grow it last year and it died over the winter, I was so sad about that. I love the smell so much. I know it grows well here, so I will have to try again.
    Thanks for visiting me today and leaving a sweet comment.
    Hugs, Cindy S

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lavender is so clean and crisp smelling. You must have good growing conditions for it! I have a few plants that I have to really baby because its too wet here. Sometimes they die and I just replace them because I don't want to be without that wonderful smell.

    ReplyDelete