Wednesday, April 7, 2021

I made it through the Winter!!!

It felt good to be able to post again...so I thought I would try it again.
Keeping busy through the Winter months has always been a challenge for me, yet this year seemed better than previous years.
I joined Kerryanne's homemade club at Shabby Art Boutique, and that was such a blessing!
Kerryanne shares so many beautiful paper projects to keep you busy every month.  
Plus, I worked on pieces from my Tilda books....and used a modified pattern from Kerryanne for the fox, as well.

Adding artwork from Christie always helps brighten things up here at the Lakehouse! 
This sweet washday painting warms my heart every time I look at it.
It's perfect hanging over my collection of vintage aprons....plus, a special homemade apron added last year from a very special blogging friend I got to meet in person, Roxy,  Living from Glory to Glory.

Of course, shopping at Hobby Lobby for little shelves always helps.

And a gorgeous garland of Christie's roses added to the mantle helped keep the hope of warmer weather in my heart.

The sun shining in the windows didn't help with this photo...but I won't complain!!
I found this iron candle holder at Antique Farmhouse, and really liked it.....so, of course, here she is!!! In all her white, chippy goodness.
What helped me survive the looooong Winter months most of all was our women's group at church. What a blessing these women are to me! We meet on Saturday mornings to pray, study God's Word, and share what He is doing in our lives. God knows exactly what I need the most!  Spending time with my Sister's in Christ is better than anything else I could ever ask for on a snowy day in Winter. I look forward to Spring, and what this new season will bring.
Blessings.
xo

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing all the beautiful things you have in your home. I think it's so uplifting to surround ourselves with pretty things! The Tilda dolls you've made are beautiful! I survived by hiking and that has kept me healthy and happy but I've missed sewing and being creative! We survived...YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love seeing your pretty house and all the pretty treasures. I am so happy you survived the winter and had your church friends to keep you company. I think we all miss that friendship interaction. Glad you were blessed with that. Have a good week. Was excited to see you post. xoxo

    ReplyDelete