Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Learning how to use my camera

Since Picnik is closing in April, I thought I'd better learn to use my camera.
There are so many different settings I've never used before.
Taking pictures at night never worked, because I wouldn't read the camera booklet.

I always wondered how it would look to take pictures with all the candles  lit.
I even used the sepia setting!!!

Then I opened the lens up wider so I could try taking pictures reflecting in the mirror...hmmmm.

Looks kind of creepy....or maybe the mirror is just dirty????

This little mantle will be going in the bedroom upstairs.
Mr. Lakehouse is going to make another one....a bigger one for the living room.

I wanted one downstairs for the holidays, so I used this little one. It was fun decorating it for Christmas.

Anyway...for an inexpensive little Nikon camera, it has a lot of settings.
I will be busy trying to figure out how to use it for a while.

I was actually planning on getting a different camera. After discovering all the things this one can do...I think I'll learn how to use this one.
It might not be as cool as some of the others out there...but it works for me.
I wonder if it has a setting for a collage?????

12 comments:

  1. LOL...I am going to miss Picnik too Debbie. You did great playing with your camera settings. I am trying too. You would think after a year I would understand my camera, but I don't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- I sooo need a decent camera. What I have is a point and shoot and it has a stinking delay button on it so I never know if it will snap when I want it to...ugh...drives me crazy. I am glad that you are playing with yours and learning to use it. Ummmm...the 'creepy' shot might work for Halloween- just sayin' xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool photos, Debbie! I've been having alot of camera envy lately. My little Fuji has that same stupid delay thing every time I press the button. Agh! Drives me crazy, too! Photography becomes the luck of the draw! Guess I better start saving..... :) Nice that Mr. LH is going to build you a bigger frantel! He's a keeper! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go, girl! Never too old to learn something new unless you're a guy! LOL
    I have used picnik in the past. I have a program I downloaded a long time ago off of microsoft that I used for free but they discontinued it many moons ago. Guess I am going to have to start snooping around and see what I can find for you guys that like to tinker with their photos. If I find anything, I'll do a post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie,
    I have to laugh when you said you wouldn't read the manuel! I can relate. It's so boring and so much more fun to just play around with settings. I think your photos look great. I rely on photoscape to jazz my photos up to make them look better.

    Your mantel is so pretty.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! I need to learn how to use mine too, I have had it for a year and never read the manual. So sad about Picnik too. :(
    Ooh a bigger mantel, how exciting!!! I hope you are staying warm, it is cold down here but the sun is trying really hard to come out.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. We would all be smart if we just read the manuals!
    Glad I was able to comment today..for some reason I have not been able to see your posts. I was trying!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya ! well get you !! your photos are looking great...maybe I should read my camera instructions too ...!!! It's one of those things that I just think "ah maybe later !" tut tut that's me procrastinating hehe ! have fun ! Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhh, your comments gadget is working again...I've tried three or four times to leave comments on your various posts and the comment thing would never open. So now it's working and I can ask if you're still planning to come to Sanibel the last half of March...I met one of my three blogging friend goals and am setting up my second one for February. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos -- and love all those candlesticks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think these are great photos!
    I have been looking for a new one but maybe if I read the book for the one I have I won't need one!
    Have a great weekend Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wouldn't that be a great setting, a collage one? I'd love it!

    ♥Rondell

    ReplyDelete