Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pretty in Pink.

I drove down to my favorite store today to pick up the buffet that the owner had redone for me.
The store is Simply Charmed in Gladwin, Michigan.
The owner is so talented, and just as sweet as pie.
She showed me this piece that she had at her house.
It needed some repairs, and paint.
I got to pick out the color of chalk paint that I wanted, and when it was finished, she called to let me know it was ready.

Isn't she beautiful?!
I picked out a very pale pink.
Very odd for me, since almost everything here at my cottage is white.
I'm finding myself adding more pastels lately.

There's a mirror I'm going to check into for over the buffet. It's at another of my favorite shops here at the lake.

My furniture is such a mish-mash of styles...but I've never cared.
As long as it's shabby, I love it!
This little lady seems to fit with the rest of my decor.
So all I have to say is....Welcome Home!
I'll be joining these parties for Friday: Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday. Also Kerryanne for Shabbilicious Friday at Shabby Art Boutique, and Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.
Hope to see you there!

15 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Debbie....she's beautiful! I'm so glad you had her painted with pale pink! I love it! I've been debating in my mind whether to replace my frantel with a buffet like that. It'd be nice to have a place for more storage. :) I don't think I've ever seen a pic of your entire dining room before, either. It's gorgeous!!!!!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and so is your entire room! Love the color and the great job of distressing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,
    Your sideboard is sooooo pretty. Love the soft pink and it fits in so well with your shabby chic style.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie- She did a wonderful job on that sideboard. It is such a pale pink that it is just a blush of color. Perfect in your setting. Your home is so lovely- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, I am in love! I couldn't tell it was pink until the 2nd picture along with all your whites. It's the perfect shade. It goes so well with your room, I am envious, yet I'm so happy for you! You really do the best balance of shabby chic and interesting pieces than anyone I know! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie,
    I love the make over. It is beautiful!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, That Buffet fits on that wall perfectly. It is the palest of pinks...I really like it. Can't wait to see your mirror. I used to worry if my furniture matched or looked modern...oh who cares. If we are comfortable and happy in our homes, that's all that matters. I think your house is pretty enough for a magazine .xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That buffet is absolutely gorgeous Debbie! I love the color you chose, it's so soft and pretty. Your home looks so pretty and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, the buffet is indeed a welcoming sight!
    And in its palist of pinks gives it just the right kind of rightness to the cottage charm of your room.
    I love buffets and I have 3 of them, I use them in unexpected places, it gives the room interest wouldn't you agree?

    Best is how open your room is, its just so shabby inviting.
    I will add myself to the followers list so I can visit your grace and beauty often.

    Beautiful weekend filled with inspiration.
    Xx

    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  10. your whole room is charming and pretty, debbie:) i love your pink buffet! and i'm going to plant some hollyhocks--yours below are just gorgeous! happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It fits in perfectly in your beautiful room, and I love that you chose a pale pink...really gorgeous! And I think your furnishings all flow together wonderfully.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Remember me lol? I've barely had time to do my weekly party lately. I took on a huge project for a friend, and it has consumed a lot of my free time. I am happy to do it for her, but I won't be taking on anymore projects that big again.

    The buffet is gorgeous Debbie! Your house is gorgeous! Your gardens are gorgeous (I've done some catch-up reading)! And your new header is gorgeous! Am I laying it on thick? Maybe, but I really, really mean it! You do shabby chic and gardens so well :)

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your house is gorgeous, furniture and decorations delight beauty !!!

    Kisssssssss Elżbieta

    ReplyDelete